Sunday, June 7, 2009

BUILD-A-BRAD BRACELET

Last night we gathered at Hsiao-hui Lin's home for a SU! jewelry class. The previous post highlighted Linda's polished stone technique. This post features my build a brad bracelet. This was the bracelet made with SU! build-a-brad. This one uses a walk in the park dsp from the occasions mini catalog.
Here are two more shown a little closer. The one closest to my hand uses bella birds dsp and the one next to that uses jackpot dsp.

This one uses another sheet of a walk in the park dsp. What I'm showing here is the bracelet made with links and the build a brads ready to be locked into place.

You may be able to see in this photo how the back of the brads are folded back to hug onto the chain links. If you use your needle nose pliers from your SU! took kit, it folds pretty easily, but I must admit, I did most of them with my fingers.

I love to stamp and of course you could stamp the images behind the build-a-brads, but when you have such lovely dsp from SU! there is no need. So, what I had everyone do was to make a 3 by 3 card to give with a gift. The card base is textured pacific point card stock. I rolled the SU! wheel boho friends inked in pacific point classic ink on top of the textured paper. Ooh la la! Next, I had them take a sentiment and stamp it onto the card in white craft ink for contrast. They also used the stamp set True Friend to add flowers or some other design from the stamp set to the card front in white craft ink. We cleaned those stamps and then used some of the same to put a sentiment into the inside of the card with pacific point ink to which I adhered a smaller piece of white card stock (2 3/4 in by 2 3/4 in). The envelope was also stamped.

No comments:

Post a Comment