Sunday, August 31, 2014

SU! HOLIDAY CATALOG SWAPS - MISSY'S FB SWAP FOR REMARKABLES - MY CARDS AND A HOLIDAY PACKAGE IDEA

I participated in a swap with REMARKABLE team mates coordinated by MISSY BOLLINGER.  She posted the swap on the REMARKABLES team FB page and I was in 2 of the 8 groups.  We had to design cards using product/stamps from the NEW SU! HOLIDAY IDEA BOOK.


The first card uses the same stamp set I featured yesterday - BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL.  I love this set and the coordinating star framelits. 
Today is the last day you can get those in the 15% off Bundle or FREE with a BIG SHOT purchase (click here for the flyer!).

There were 10 in each group but we made one extra card (11 total) so that Missy could donate the full extra card to charity.  I think that is so awesome. Missy, herself participated in the swap, so we received 10 card fronts back. They are awesome! 

I stamped the medium size star with versamark and then embossed it with iridescent ice embossing powder by SU!.  I dry embossed the little and largest star with the BIG SHOT and highlighted all with whisper white ink.  The other little stars are stamped on the whisper white background and I also stamped the word JOY which is included in the stamp set with other little words too, as well as the Wishing You larger sentiment.
I also stamped the inside of the card using the star from BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL and then the little snowflakes and the sentiment from ENDLESS CHRISTMAS WISHES, also in the Holiday idea book by SU!
The envelope is also stamped.  The rhinestone jewel in the center of the star was colored with SU! BLENDABILITIES.  The wide brush tip makes it easier to color jewels. Other alcohol markers don't have this same brush tip that is so versatile.

This is the card from another one of the groups I was in.  I showed you a card similar to this that I brought to swap at the REMARKABLES TEAM MTG. last weekend, where the center of the card was a little smaller and was very similar other than the sentiment and the placement of the snowflakes.  
This card is stamped using ENDLESS CHRISTMAS WISHES stamp set by SU! that I purchased last year and then it sold out.  I was thrilled to see it return to the HOLIDAY IDEA BOOK this year because it is amazingly popular and one of the BEST sets SU! has ever produced for the Holidays.
The inside of the card is stamped with a sentiment from BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL.  It stamps so bold.  By the way...if you want a really BOLD and yet CRISP look of your stamped images, you should try the SU! foam ink pads. They were made especially for SU! and work really well with the photopolymer stamps.  The cloth covered older pads don't give the best images like the foam pads.  Try it out and compare for yourself.  All of SU! pads for purchase now are foam.
Again, these were in sets of 10 + 1, so one full card could be given to charity.  I also colored the rhinestone jewels with SU! Blendabilities brush tip markers.
Missy collected the swaps at the team meeting so I was able to package mine in this simple fun packaging.  I just put the swaps inside their own clear baggies and then those went in this larger brown bag.  I put a SU! wide striped grosgrain ribbon around the package and added a homemade tag that I created with one of the SU! TAG PUNCH makers (so easy to use) and stamped the tag with her initial and the LIFE IS GOOD stamp from the Project Life stamp set by SU!

I think this really makes a cute package that was really easy and fun to put together!

No comments:

Post a Comment