Sunday, January 12, 2014

SOME OF THE STAMPIN SISTAH'S GIFT EXCHANGE GIFTS UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL

Here are some of the fantastic and creative things that were handcrafted for our exchange this year.
Hsiao hui designed this "K" for Linda.  I love how she decoupaged designer paper to the hardboard "K" and then added Linda's name.
Hsiao hui also designed this Holiday Printer's tray for Linda.  She used all of the current SU! holiday stamp sets and lots of glimmer paper and embellishments to enhance this.
This is the NEW YORK MEMORIES scrapbook that I made for Cathy.  It's a ring binder scrapbook so she can shift the pages if she would like.  I will devote a post in the future to this book so you can see the inside pages.  I used my electronic cutting machine to cut out titles and the NYC skyline (not shown here).  I embellished with lots of NYC stuff on the inside.
This is the Year Round Printer's tray that Rita designed for Lisa.  Each of the inserts comes out and Lisa can change them throughout the year.  Rita said she designed this specifically with Lisa's travels in mind.
Cathy decoupaged this gift for Sandi.  She said that she selected some of Sandi's favorite photos of her and her doggie.  This is a keepsake that Sandi can hang up and treasure forever.
Cathy also handcrafted a fleece blanket for Sandi.  Sandi was unable to attend the sistah's holiday exchange this year as she was not feeling well.  I'm sure this blanket was immediately put to good use. And...with all the cold weather we are having...this is definitely the item to have on hand.  Pretty colors.
This shadow box lights up.  I'm still trying to find the photo that Cindy sent us of this on her mantle all lit up for the holidays.  Linda handcrafted this and it's absolutely gorgeous.  It's all 3 dimensional.
Arleen absolutely loved the handcrafted gratitude book that Sandi made for Arleen.  It is truly a labor of love.  Each page is so unique and beautiful. The colors are awesome and there's a great "hot" hexagon theme going on throughout the book.
In the upper right hand corner on Rita's mantle sits the Jingle All the Way handcrafted blocks that Arleen made for her.  Arleen cut and then sanded each of those blocks down to such a smooth finish before painting them and then decoupaging them with the letters and words using My Digital Studio by SU!  Rita has a Jingle all the way theme going on her mantle.  Right in the middle under the clock is the Jingle all the Way shadowbox that Linda Kincaid made for her at an exchange a few years ago.  And Rita, I recognize that bear stocking in the photo.  Not sure where it's from, but I have one exactly like it.

Not pictured yet are the handcrafted cards we made for each other and I also would like to share a few pages from the MDS digital books that Cindy and Lisa made for Hsiao hui and I. All of that in coming posts.


I hope you all enjoy seeing our lovely creations.  We have a really talented group of sistah's/crafters and I am so happy to  be a part of this group. Can't wait to see what we all create next.

2 comments:

  1. Where did Linda find the shadow box that lights up. That would be handy for many different scenes at various times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check with her. I want to say it was at a place like Home goods, and she took the panels out. Let me double check and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete