Tuesday, January 21, 2014

MEMORIES OF NEW YORK SCRAPBOOK

I had my dear friend Cathy Weir for the Holiday Handcrafted Gift Exchange this past December.  I knew right away that I wanted to make her a NEW YORK SCRAPBOOK.  Cathy loves visiting New York and she now has a reason to visit a little more often - her niece lives there.  For Cathy's milestone birthday, her sister took her to NY and they had a wonderful time.  When I heard how great her visit was, I was reassured that the scrapbook would come in handy. This book is a 3 Ring Binder Scrapbook that holds 8.5 by 11 pages that can come out and be rearranged.  Although the pages didn't photograph that well (they didn't fit in my portrait studio light box well), you get the idea.  I'm posting the front cover of the book and some of the pages here.  I hope that one day Cathy might share the pages with the photos because I know Cathy takes great photos and more than that...she has some wonderful New York Memories.

Note:  The SU! designer series paper SOHO SUBWAY has a great New York theme, so I thought it was perfect for the scrapbook and I featured it throughout the book.

Soho Subway Designer Series Paper #130140
Price: $10.95
Bold, graphic designs with fresh colors to make it new. Coordinating colors: Crisp Cantaloupe, Early Espresso, Island Indigo, Summer Starfruit, Very Vanilla.

* 12 sheets, 2 each of 6 double-sided designs
* 12" x 12
* Acid free, lignin free
I die cut the NYC skyline (which actually covers 2 pages with one shown here) and the Empire State Building with my electronic cutter.
 
 
 
For the page above, I wanted to see what photos might look like on the page, so I digitally inserted photos from the musical on Broadway that I went to this past December - Wicked.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment