Saturday, March 5, 2011

I'M TRULY HONORED TO RECEIVE THIS AWARD

STYLISH BLOGGER AWARD
I am really excited that I have been chosen for this award.  I truly enjoy bringing crafting inspiration to others via my blog.  I also enjoy sharing what I love and I'm passionate about SU! and crafting.  I am truly honored to receive the Stylish Blogger Award which awards my blog for its creativity and inspiration.

Since I have received this award, I must do the following:
1) Thank the person who gave this award to me and link it back to their blog.

2) Share 8 things about myself.

3) Pass this award to 8 other individuals that I have recently discovered.

4) Leave a comment on their blogs so that they can pass along the recognition.

5) I need to go on each of my new inspiring stampers sites and have them know that I think they are all winners in our stamping world and then have them pass along an award of recognition to some other lucky stylish bloggers out there!


Again, thanks to Maria Matonti for including me in her eight and here are 8 things about myself!

Make sure you check out her blog by clicking on her name.  It is an awesome blog with some super fab ideas on it!


1. I am a Native New Yorker!  Born there the same year as the Barbie doll!  Wow!  giving my age away already!

2. I am married 19 years this May to Bill and we love to travel.  We've been to Rome, Germany, Austria, to California, Hawaii, Arizona, Utah, Florida ( a gazillion times! and will eventually retire there), many other states in the US, Canada, Southern Caribbean, Mexico.   OMG, the list is too long!

3. We are huge baseball fans and Cal Ripken Jr is our favorite player! We were in the stands for Cal Ripken's record of 2131 consecutive games as a baseball player and with the Baltimore Orioles!  It was a huge moment in history!

4. My son is JP and he is epic awesome.  He wants to be president of the US some day so make sure you vote for him!  He's a Democrat/Republican right now with every other political affiliation thrown in there!  I guess he is an "everyman"


5. I was born crafting.  I've loved it all my life.  However, SU! is the Best!  And I'm so happy to be a part of it.  I've been stamping for over 30 years.  I've been a demonstrator with SU! for almost 9 years!  I'll celebrate 10 years when SU! is 25 years old.  What a celebration that is going to be!  

6. Most of you know that I am a Neonatologist. I care for sick and premature infants in the NICU.  I love my job. It can be very demanding at times.  It can be sad at times, but most of the time, it is the most rewarding thing that I can do in my life.  I'm so grateful that God has allowed me to do this.

7.  I am the oldest of 7 -  with 3 brothers and 3 sisters.  They are all fabulous with great careers. Two are TV producers (one for Martha Stewart and one for MSNBC), one is a chef, one is an RN, one has his Ph.D in Psychology, and one works as a design and layout manager for IN TOUCH magazine.  I feel so lucky to have them, their spouses and partners and their children in my life.  My baby sister has her first child due in July.  I can't wait to meet him!

8. My parents are my biggest inspiration.  My father is a born artist and my mother is unbelievably creative!  No one else in my family stamps, however!  But my dad scrapbooks!!!! Can you believe that!

I am so delighted to know that my blog is viewed by so many and that it ranks so highly by my peers.  I'm amazed at how many of you look at my blog and receive inspiration for your crafting.  It takes a lot of time and effort to keep up a blog and I really try to update almost every day.  Although blogs are free for viewers, blog writers put their own finances into their subscription services and blog design. Please visit those I have tagged below and let them know you appreciate their efforts.

Here are the 8 blogs I'm passing this award onto:
4. Deanna Wolfe 
5.Laurie Krauss
6. Shelli Gardner (not sure she'll be able to respond, but she is the BEST in SU!) 
7. Madeline Morcelo
8.Martha Lucia Gomez

Please check out their blogs.  They are amazing designers with so much inspiration! 
It was difficult to choose who to pass the award along to because there are so many talented stampers that I get great ideas from - I appreciate all Stampin' Up demonstrators who share their joy of stamping with the rest of us!

4 comments:

  1. cool! thought you were from New Jersey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! Yes, from NJ but born in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...thought you were from NJ? Nice blog site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria! I was just taking a break from tax return prep and I wanted to say hi again! I didn't know your 10 years was coming up - are you going to SU's convention this year to celebrate? I'll "talk" to you soon!

    ReplyDelete