Wednesday, September 15, 2010

MORE FROM THE CHRISTMAS CARD CLASS

This is another card I demonstrated in class last night and will demo again in the follow up class on Thursday. I received this card idea in a swap at the Remarkables Team Meeting last month.  My sideline - Susan Brummer - was the designer.  I modified it by using the glimmer brads in silver (I love these new glitter brads in the NEW HOLIDAY MINI catalog) and I used a different stamped ornament punch.  Susan uses the ornament from the stamp set Delightful Decorations (still available), and I used one from the New Holiday Mini called Tags Til Christmas.  The ribbon is red satin and also made by SU!  I drew the ornament hook in with my real red marker.

The sentiment a Christmas Greeting is from that set also and I used a  medium oval punch to punch it out. I really love how several of our stamp sets have ornaments in them, especially since we have this punch.  The other set that has an ornament in it is Contempo Christmas (see this post for the image).

Note how I centered one of our sticky back rhinestones on the ornament.  I used the largest rhinestone on the sheet. The inside of the card is stamped with Dec. 25 - which is also part of Tags Til Christmas.  I embossed it with silver craft ink and iridescent ice embossing powder.  The Merry Christmas sentiment is from the stamp set Christmas Greetings.  I also wanted to point out that my card has a personalized stamp inside.  These are really great to have made up and SU! can make up any personalization you like.  I personalized mine with sentiment and then the names of our family.  All of the sentiments are done in silver encore ink, but they could easily be embossed with silver embossing powder if you didn't have that ink.  I love the professional look of the card.

Lastly, the ultra smooth white card stock on the front is embossed using a new Big Shot Embossing Folder called Elegant Lines (exclusive to SU!)  After I cased this card from Susan, I remembered that I had a brand new Snowflakes embossing folder in the new Holiday Mini and I will use that next time I make this card because I think the snowflakes would be beautiful.  The card front, the envelope, and the ornament are all spritzed with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spray.   

Here is the original card by Susan!

 I love both of them!
Here are the images from Tags Til Christmas and below that are the new glimmer brads and the medium oval punch.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to attend your next class Maria.
    The cards are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got my holiday mini in the mail and I am in love with all of the new punches and embellishments. I really love your use of the seam binding as a ribbon. Keep these great ideas coming! I'll be in your next class, I hope.
    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies for your kind comments. Check out my website for class listing. We've got several coming up.

    ReplyDelete