Monday, December 16, 2013

MDS MONDAY - COOL PROJECT FROM THE MDS BLOG

Here's another great SU! Digital Project.  SU! sure does make it easy with MDS (My Digital Studio).  Check out this project from the MDS BLOG.  I can't wait to case this for a project I need to make.

Getting Creative with Printables!


I was recently asked to create an invitation for a friend, and after I was given the brief I was excited to get started.  I had been told the event was a burlesque theme, red was the main color, and it should have a vintage feel. I had a pretty clear idea in my mind. I had only recently downloaded the Homemade Happiness Framable and I loved the subway style layout; this was the same kind of layout I had wanted for my invitation.

I started by deleting the text and gingerbread images, leaving the outline which I used as a foundation to the invitation.







Here is a video showing how to use the line tool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jeF9WOpWiI
This video will show how to add text on a path: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thXeBYrYf5c

Once the layout was complete I added the overlays in Crumb Cake at 30 percent opacity. After printed it out, I sponged the edges with Crumb Cake ink to add to the distressing detail.


-Teneale Williams, My Digital Studio Design Team

No comments:

Post a Comment