Friday, December 27, 2013

DOCUMENTING DECEMBER - FROM THE SU! BLOG!

I love Holiday projects and I love documenting the holidays.  I took a lot of photos in December because of the holidays, the snow, Christmas and my son's 14th birthday.  I have a lot to scrapbook.  Here's a great idea on documenting directly from the SU! blog.  Enjoy!  and Happy the rest of December.  We still have New Year's Eve and I have a trip to visit my parents and my family this week that I can also add to my book. 


Documenting December


I am back again to give you guys a little more inspiration for your December albums.  If you haven’t started one yet, now is the time!
I went back to my photos from last year and completed the 23rd and 24th.  I had a lot of fun with these days. I cut up the 8" x 8" Divided Page Protectors for the two 4" x 4" pockets. I am so in love with these page protectors and all of the possibilities. Make sure to stock up before they are gone!

For this page I typed up some lines from our favorite Christmas song in My Digital Studio, then cut it out using a digital cutter.  I used the Bebas Neue font.  I then backed the page with a Gold Foil Sheet from the holiday catalog.  I love these Gold and Silver Foil Sheets so much!!!


I love adding stuff to our albums from our everyday life. For the top 4" x 4" pocket  on this page I included the cozy from Starbucks.  I backed it with a Tea Lace Paper Doily and embellished it with a star cut out using a digital cutter.

On this page I added gold and silver glitter polka dots by placing Glue Dots on the page and sprinkling Gold Stampin’ Glitter over them. Then I added a few more Glue Dots and sprinkled them with Silver Stampin’ Glitter. I am in love with how it looks.  (The photo I used is not really a Polaroid.  I used an app that I downloaded to my phone to get this look.)
I hope this inspires you to get going on your December album! Make it as simple or as ornate as you want.  Just have fun and I promise you will not regret documenting these memories.
Have a wonderful Christmas!
Arika B.
Concept Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment