Friday, January 21, 2011

I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS CARD SAMPLE

Did you learn to sew your own clothes or doll clothes when you were younger?  I did!  I remember my parents giving me lessons as a child when I was in 7th or 8th grade.  I was ecstatic to learn how to cut and piece pattern pieces and how to make my own dresses and pants.  It was a very valuable training that I have never forgotten.  Today I still have the same Brother sewing machine that they bought me back then (albeit I don't use it anymore, as I use the Sears Kenmore my husband bought me years ago with a bonus check he got from work) and I still love to sew.  As soon as I saw this new stamp set Pattern Pieces in the SU! Occasions Mini Catalog and all of the fabrics and buttons, and embellishments that go with this line by SU! I knew I had to get them and make something.  Well, the holidays were here and I didn't get to use any of it until I went to my upline's home.  My upline - Janet Wakeland - had this wonderful card sample for us to CASE.  I was just thrilled with this card.
The letters "u r" are die cut using Timeless Type alphabet and the Big Shot.  The word "sew" was one that Janet had made into a customized stamp with SU!.  The fabric flower was die cut with a new SU! die for the Big shot.  The measuring tape is actually stamped onto vanilla tafetta - also by SU! - using the stamp set Sew Suite!  The designer paper matches. And the little safety pin is sold by SU! also in a container with mini button brads! You need to check these out in the new mini catalog.  And...with Saleabration starting on Tuesday next week, you can buy these and get FREE product from SU!  For every $50 you spend on product you can choose something FREE from the sale-a-bration catalog.
It's the BEST time of the year at SU!

No comments:

Post a Comment