Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"WOW" SU! CRUISE CARD SWAP

I'M CRUISING TO
THE SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN IN 4 DAYS!

We leave for the cruise on Sunday. I can't wait. This is the cruise I earned from SU! based on my sales lasts year. I'm so grateful to be going. Last year I earned the SU! Hawaii trip. It is a tradition to swap cards, scrapbook pages and crafts at SU! events.
This was my entry for the "wow" card swap for the SU! Cruise to the Southern Caribbean. So that we can just relax on the boat, we entered the swap before the cruise. What a great idea! Saves a lot of room in my suitcase. The swap was hosted by Cindy Peterson from Salt Lake City. This is my card and it is a trifold card. I chose the card stock colors - sahara sand, melon mambo, barely banana (I'll miss this color when it retires at the end of June) and ultra smooth white. I ran the card through the Big Shot to get the dotted swiss back ground using a SU! embossing folder. The circles were also die cut with my Big Shot, and I used scallop circle number 2 die for the Big Shot to cut the scallop circle. I stamped my image from the stamp set Friends 24-7. The flowers on the front of the card were stamped with Black staz on ink and water colored using my SU! aquapainter and SU! water color crayons. I added crystal effects onto the "popped up" flowers and the stems for a lacquered "wet" look.This card has such a cool way of opening up and it opens up in 2 different directions that you can see in both the photo above and the photo below. I used the rose red wide stitched grosgrain for the one side that flips up. I got the idea to wrap it here from my good friend and downline Linda Kincaid. She taught me to cut the half circle in the card stock so that I can bunch the ribbon and tie it together with linen thread. A really cool idea for wide ribbon so that the card is not too bulky.
The bird is stamped in sahara sand and so too is the 24-7 circle above on the flip up. The flowers in the background are from a brand new stamp set coming out May 1st in the Summer Mini Catalog. I stamped them using barely banana classic ink. Remember that we have some great colors retiring soon, so stock up on your inks and refills and card stock before the end of the current SU! catalog year.
Also, on the front of the card, I cut out each of the little flowers and "popped" them up with SU! dimensionals. There is a lot of texture to this card. I must thank Linda for this card idea. She came up with most of it. This is certainly a great card idea and if you are careful when you cut your card base out, you can get 2 cards from one piece of card stock. I promise I'll teach this card at one of the future classes. Be sure to check out my upcoming class schedule for April and May on my website. I can't wait til Cindy swaps out the cards. Once I get mine in the mail, I'll be sure to post some of the cards for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment