Sunday, February 21, 2010

WINGS OF LOVE

A good friend of ours lost her mother recently and I wanted to get a sympathy card off to her. The Big Shot butterfly embosslet (exclusive to SU!) butterflies remind me of life and how it should be cherished every single day. I thought a butterfly theme was a good choice for sympathy. Yesterday, I was at my good friend and Upline Janet Wakeland's home and a very similar card was one of our DIVA projects. I decided to make a second one and modify it just a little for my friend. The background stamp is the fine flourish stamp (under $10 from SU!) stamped in taken with teal. The card stock is sahara sand, whisper white, and taken with teal. I also used the modern label punch and wrapped it around the sahara sand - clever idea from Janet. The brads are teal rhinestone brads from SU! that I love and I put the one in the center through a small white SU! grommet. The sympathy stamp set is a retired set that I still love and have kept called Brighter Tomorrow.

1 comment: