Thursday, January 22, 2015

A LOTUS BLOSSOMS BIRTHDAY CARD FOR PAT

Today is my friend and fellow crafter Pat Nuckel's birthday.  I used the SU! FREE SALEABRATION stamp set LOTUS BLOSSOM - one of my NEW FAVORITE SU! stamp sets - to create her card.  The base card is done in Melon Mambo and the ink colors I used for the blossoms were Melon Mambo and Blushing Bride.  You stamp the blossom with at least 2 but preferably 3 coordinating stamps and as you saw from the video the other day, they line up so easily.
Pat uses the word "sweet" a lot - has anyone else noticed?  And quite honestly, it's pretty sweet that she does.  I knew when I saw the stamp set with the sweet in it, I had to put it on Pat's card.  Also, notice some sequins on the front of the card and dazzling diamonds glitter.  Sequins are "hot" and "totally in" in the crafting world right now.
The coordinating colors are wild wasabi and garden green.  I used Memento Black Ink for the sentiment on the front and melon mambo for the sentiment inside.

Pat!  Have a really great day today.  Can't wait to see you and all of our other crafting friends soon!

1 comment: