Monday, December 15, 2014

SU! MDS MONDAY - PERSONALIZED SANTA SACKS

Here are some really neat projects I found over at SU! MDSStampin Up!'s My Digital Studio is amazing!  I love all I can do with it and I create with it several times a week, not just scrapbooking, but projects too.  Look at these cool Santa Sacks that were on the SU! BLOG!


Personalized Santa Sacks

If you’ve done any holiday shopping online this year, you’ve probably seen personalized Santa sacks out there. And if you haven’t discovered them yet, they look like mail bags straight from the North Pole with the child’s name on it—so magical! One of my friends at work showed them to me about a month ago and now I see them everywhere. We decided that it would be fun and easy to make some on our own.
So, I gave it a try with My Digital Studio.
I wanted the designs to have similar elements, but be slightly different for each of my kids. After I created one page, it was easy to “insert a duplicate page” and just remove some of the elements to create a new look.
Once I was done, I “inserted duplicate pages mirrored” so that I could print the reverse images onto iron transfer paper. I designed my project on an 11" x 14" canvas and then printed each image on two sheets of iron transfer paper.
Then I sewed some drawstring bags with some canvas fabric and ironed on the images. Pretty easy. Totally fun.
Personalized-Santa-Sacks-1

Personalized-Santa-Sacks-2

Personalized-Santa-Sacks-3
I went a little crazy with the downloads. (I was having too much fun!) Here’s a list of the ones I used. I wanted to show you all the great options there are.
If you want to create a little last-minute magic, this project will do it. If you’re short on time, buy the bags and make the designs simpler with just a few stamps.
I can’t wait to see my kids’ faces on Christmas morning. I hope they enjoy their gift bags from the big man in red.
Lindsey H.
Sr. Staff Writer
Bright Christmas II Stamp Brush Set  (item #123727)
Festive Flurry Kit (item # 135250)
Happy Jolly Overlays Stamp Brush Set  (item # 135715)
Holiday Home Stamp Brush Set  (item #138116)
O Christmas Tree December Kit (item #136645)
Remember the Joy Pocket Cards (item #136729)
Santa’s List Stamp Brush Set (item # 136515
Sent with Love Kit (item # 132914)
Snowy Soiree Ensemble (item # 135261)
To You From Me Designer Template (item # 132811)
Very Merry Tags Stamp Brush Set  (item # 135262)
Winter Post Stamp Brush Set (item # 119102)
Wishing You Stamp Brush Set (item # 135259)
www.mydigitalstudio.net

No comments:

Post a Comment