Sunday, December 28, 2014

DECEMBER MEMORIES

December is coming to a close but there's still time to place those memories you've taken in a book you will have forever.  Or, you can make a memory book for someone to cherish.  This is a great idea by one of the SU! artisan's.  It's a fun craft to do on a winter day.  You can place pictures, memorabilia, journaling, and more inside.  I'm sure your December was as jam packed and filled as mine. It's one of the busiest months of the year. Now that it's winding down, let's start our winter crafting.


December Memories: WinterJOY 2014

Do you ever think about what you did last December? I do . . . nearly every year!
And just think—all the good memories, all the activities, and all the cherished moments will be gone if we don´t capture them with pictures.
If you‘re not the type of person who wants to try and do your own version of Project Life—that´s okay! There´s no need to capture every single moment . . . but it‘s great to see pictures from past years and remember what you‘ve done during the Christmas season. 
December-Memories-1
All you need is a small album with space for photos and a little journaling.
December-Memories-2
For my WinterJOY 2014 Album I used the All is Calm Specialty Designer Series Paper. I really love the colors.
I strengthened the cover using two Canvas Creations sheets; I sewed both layers together using a sewing machine.
December-Memories-3
Then I created pages using Whisper White Cardstock and White Vellum 8-1/2" x 11" Cardstock. As you can see, I purposely made the sheets in different sizes . . . to add a little interest!

December-Memories-4
After arranging my pages, I sewed them to my cover. I always use a straight stitch to secure the pages. (And don’t worry—nearly all sewing machines can sew paper as well as fabric.)
December-Memories-5
To embellish my pages I used cards from the Hello December Project Life Card Collection and the Hello December Project Life Accessory Pack.
December-Memories-6
December-Memories-7

Add a little journaling describing the cookies you baked, how big the tree was, and which gifts were under the tree.

December-Memories-8 
There will be plenty of space for photos. And they don´t have to be perfect; just use shots from your smartphone or a Polaroid camera.  J
December-Memories-9
For my cover I used All Is Calm Designer Washi Tape, Frosted Sequins, and some Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
December-Memories-10
I hope this post inspires you to do your own December Memories album. It´s really easy. All you need to be sure to include are the things that matter most to YOU!
Kerstin Kreis
2014–2015 Artisan DesignTeam

All is Calm Specialty Designer Series Paper (item # 135823)
Canvas Creations (item # 129375)
Whisper White Cardstock (item # 100730)
White Vellum 8-1/2" x 11" Cardstock (item # 101856)
Hello December Project Life Card Collection (item # 135831)
Hello December Project Life Accessory Pack (item # 135833)
All Is Calm Designer Washi Tape (item # 135844)
Frosted Sequins (item # 135835)
Rhinestone Basic Jewels (item # 119246)

No comments:

Post a Comment