Monday, February 24, 2014

SU! SPIRAL FLOWER DIE VINTAGE BIRTHDAY CARD - CARD I MADE FOR MOM

I created this card for my mother using the NEW SU! SPIRAL FLOWER DIE from the OCCASIONS catalog to make the roses.  I distressed the paper a bit to give more of a vintage feel.  I also die cut a doily from vanilla shimmer paper and embossed the base card stock with the SCRIPT embossing folder by SU!  I then used the silver ink pad to swipe silver color along the edges of the card as well as over some of the script.
The sentiment FOR MY WONDERFUL MOTHER is also SU! as well as the Happy Birthday.  I used two colors of ink that blended together and coordinated with the roses - marina mist and bermuda bay. These two colors look great together.  Banners are hot so I used the NEW BANNER FRAMELITS from the OCCASIONS catalog to die cut those.  That set of framelits has multiple banners in it and is well worth it's weight in gold.  I've used that set so many times now. 

Here's another look at the card from a different angle.  Do you see the gorgeous silver taffeta ribbon I added?  It's another great find from SU! If you don't have it yet, I encourage you to put it on your next SU! order.  That's another item I have used numerous times.  The silver flourishes are not SU! I picked those up on clearance at a local craft store.


And next we have the inside of the card using the NEW ANOTHER GREAT YEAR stamp set by SU! from the OCCASIONS CATALOG.  If you click on the photo to make it larger you will see that I added crystal effects to the heart on the cupcake as well as dazzling diamonds to the frosting.
This card has dimension so I put it in a small box and mailed it to my mother who had a birthday yesterday.  It really didn't cost all that much extra and certainly my mother is more than worth it.  I padded the roses with some tissue paper and the card made it there in great shape.  If you are concerned about bulk, or even more than that - strapped for time to go to the post office, you can flatten the roses even further and just add an extra stamp or two, or just save this type of card to give to someone in person.  I love this NEW SPIRAL FLOWER DIE.  Another great offering from SU!

Note: it's Monday and I usually post an MDS project on Monday's.  This week I'll be posting the MDS project tomorrow - Tuesday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment