Sunday, February 2, 2014

IT'S A SALEABRATION - RECEIVE FREE PRODUCTS - MAKE BEAUTIFUL THINGS!

Here's some cool projects from the SU! BLOG.  It's SALEABRATION time at SU!  Receive FREE PRODUCT for PURCHASE.

It’s a Sale-A-Bration!


Crank up the Kool & the Gang, because it’s time to celebrate. At Stampin’ Up!, we call it Sale-A-Bration! And it’s a great time of year.
Sale-A-Bration (US/CA) is a promotion where you can earn free, exclusive products with a $50 US/$60 CA purchase. I really love the offering this year. The Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper and Accessory Pack (US/CA) are some of my favorite things.

Using the twine from the Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack, I created pom poms as a gift topper.  To create a pom, I simply wrapped a generous amount of twine around a ruler—but a fork also works well. Remove it from the ruler, then tie a piece of twine around the center of the entire twine bundle. (If you’re using a fork, tie it between the tines—it will hold everything in place.) Tie the knot as tightly as possible.  Then, cut the loops on each side and fluff.  I also trimmed longer strands to create a more uniform shape.
To create bigger poms, wrap the twine around your fingers or a larger object. The more twine you use, the fuller your poms will be. There are lots of tutorials available on Pinterest that can help you make great poms!

I also used the Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack on my chevron bag.  To create an alternate-shaped gift bag, I started by trimming a tiny strip from the bottom of the bag. Next, I created new score lines on the outside edges at 1".  I also created a score line 2" from the bottom of the bag.  Then, I used the new score lines to create a fuller, more 3D shape.
Cut the vertical score lines on the bottom of the bag, but only up to the new 2" horizontal score line. Then you can fold in the sides and create the base of the bag.  (I added a scrap of cardstock to the bottom of the bag for added support.) 
The cork pieces from the Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack are a fun new way to embellish a card or tag.

Last, I created a simple card. I made polka dots on my card using a pencil eraser and Whisper White Craft ink. Then I added a fun greeting using the new See Ya Later Stamp Set (US/CA), Starburst Framelits, and Stampin’ Write Markers (US/CA).
I hope you’re excited about getting free products! Go ahead and Sale-A-Brate!
Jen C.
Concept Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment