Tuesday, February 12, 2013

VALENTINE CANDY HOLDER - NEW TAKE ON PETITE POCKET DIE SU!

I don't know if this has been tried before but I wanted to make a candy bar holder for Valentine's day that would hold a Hershey Bar.  These bars are a little too thick for the die to be used as is, like when I made the DIVA BARS - (see this post) .  So...I thought ....how do I make these thicker, and my brain just thought...die cut two pocket dies and put them together.  So...that's what I did and this is what I came up with.

I die cut two of the petite pocket dies from card stock with my SU! BIG SHOT.  Cutting the whole length of the die was not necessary, so I only cut 6 inches worth as shown below.  If you look closely, I did not cut the entire piece out.  I could have and then cut it down, but why waste card stock and why make extra work to cut.

Use this adorable pocket to enclose small, thoughtful gifts and delightful surprises! The innovative designs in these longer Bigz dies give you new and interesting creative options. Use with Extended Premium Crease Pads. The Petite Pocket Bigz XL Die works best using only one layer at a time. Measures 6" x 13-3/4".

If I cut two of these to the perfect size and then fold them at the fold lines then emboss with an embossing folder, most of the work is done.

The next step is to put adhesive on the fold lines and put these two pieces together.
Next, just add the candy and a ribbon and I also highlighted the holder with white craft ink that I brushed along the edges.  I also added a Happy Valentine's Sentiment.  These are now ready to give to some of my coworkers for Valentines Day!

I think I might try to make these for Easter and use some of our adorable bunny stamps from the Main SU! idea book.  I also may wrap the individual bars with designer series paper that coordinates with the card stock.  I can't wait to give these away!

No comments:

Post a Comment