Tuesday, October 23, 2012

CHRISTMAS TEA BAG HOLDER

I saw this adorable TREAT HOLDER on another demonstrators blog some time ago with video and thought it was really cute.  In fact, I think I've shown this idea before.  The crafters at my holiday card class made one just like this for tea bags (or ghirardelli chocolates).  I also showed the ladies how you can make even a larger one to hold cards or gifts.  We used the SU! designer paper BE OF GOOD CHEER in size 6 by 6 and did a few folds to get this cool little treat holder.

 Here is the entire set of papers from BE OF GOOD CHEER.


12 sheets: 2 ea. of 6 double-sided designs. 12" x 12". Acid- and lignin- free. Coordinates with the Be of Good Cheer Suite. Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green, Very Vanilla.

We also used the NEW SU! HOSTESS STAMP - MIXED MEDLEY set for the snowflake and sentiment and punched them out with circles and the new smaller scallop circle punch - definitely a MUST HAVE!
This versatile, ten-piece set has it all! Punch out the stamped images using the 3/4" Circle Punch and the 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch. Some major holidays are covered here in this set!

Here's another view of the treat holder:
We punched a hole in the top of the treat holder and added real red satin taffeta ribbon from SU!  A very nice addition to this.

Here's a side view of the project - you can put one treat on each side.
And here's a view without the treat.  I love SU! double sided designer paper.  You can make cool projects like this which showcase both sides.  In projects where only one side shows, you can choose the side you like.
Now that I know that Ghirardelli chocolates fit nicely inside, I think I'll be making several of these for my holiday table and also for my son's teachers at school.  I even think this would be a great treat for my coworkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment