Tuesday, November 4, 2014

BRAND NEW SU! CHRISTMAS - GENTLE PEACE

A few weekends ago, I was able to play with the BRAND NEW stamp set for Christmas from SU! called GENTLE PEACE.  My upline Janet Wakeland had a Remarkably Hot Retreat 4 day weekend in Harrisburg, Pa. that I attended with some friends.  I was so happy to try this stamp set out as I wait for my own to be delivered any day from Stampin Up!  I LOVE this set for Christmas and will be making a lot of Christmas cards and home decor items with this set.  Here's my very first attempt at this set.  I stamped the image in memento black ink by SU! and then colored it in with a combo of Blendabilities and SU! stampinwrite markers, then added iridescent ice embossing powder and the gold sequins by SU! and voila...my card.  I also embossed the inside of the card so there is a coordinating sentiment.  (note - sentiment is part of the stamp set).

This card is actually very easy to make and the coloring was not time consuming.  Once you choose your colors, the coloring goes rather quickly.  I subsequently made 3 or 4 other cards that I also colored in with the same scheme.  I've also seen this card where the image is embossed with gold or silver embossing powder and not colored in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment