Tuesday, November 11, 2014

BRAND NEW SU! BANNER BLESSINGS!

SU! is so innovative.  New stamp sets are created everyday and SU! has a knack for choosing some fabulous ones.  Although the contest to design new stamps by the public has ended, they are releasing some of the ones they picked out.  This post reminded me of Monster Maniacs, which I love and will not part with. This is a set that also would be hard to part with once in my possession.  This set has really caught my attention and just recently released called BANNER BLESSINGS. Check it out! And check out the card below with the white feathers.  All the samples are really cool!

Banner Blessings

About a year-and-a-half ago, Stampin' Up! announced a new contest inviting all stampers, demonstrators and non-demonstrators, to put on their creative caps and submit a design for a monster-themed set. You all might remember my sweet friend, Doris, and her winning Monster Maniacs set? :-) I loved the set and didn't mind being the runner-up to her creation. So when Shelli announced at convention that year that there would be another contest, I knew I wanted to try again! 
As my mother and I drove back to Vegas from our first convention, we brainstormed all sorts of sayings and phrases that we thought would make a great stamp set. When I went back to work, I couldn't help but doodle here and there. I would draw something, take a picture, and send it to my mom and she'd say yes or no. (She was my upline at the time so I figured she knew what would work. After all, mother knows best!)
One night I was rocking our middle son to sleep and saw the Bible verse I had painted on a canvas to match his spaceship-themed room. "Shine like stars in the universe"--one of my favorite verses of scripture. That's when I decided I wanted to do a scripture set. I sat down and thought of a few that I felt would not only look great on a card but would reach someone who needed to be lifted up.
I was in the Air Force for nine years. All nine years were spent far from family, and even a few months were in the Middle East--away from my husband and our 7-month-old son. Nothing helped more than the scripture verses my mom or dad or my church family would write on my cards. In fact, I still have a scrap of paper with a verse that my dad sent me while I was in basic training. 
There's something special about making a card for someone and I wanted these Banner Blessings to make it even more special! Thank you, Stampin’ Up!, for the opportunity, and thanks to everyone for their support! I hope you enjoy the set as much as I have already! :-)
Holly Stene
**Please note the opportunity to design stamp sets is no longer available.

Banner Blessings - Item 136720

Friend_2a

Friend_2b

Friend_2c

Friend_2d

Joyful_2

Joyful_2a

Shine_2

Shine_2a

Thanks_2

Thanks_2a

No comments:

Post a Comment