Monday, January 9, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RITA - DOWNTON ABBEY AND SU! STYLE

My friend Rita has a special birthday today. She is a huge Downton Abbey fan like I am.  Here's the birthday card I created for her. 
My friend Lisa gave me the dies and embossing folders for my birthday last year and I've been making special cards for my Downton friends for their birthday.  Here's another look at the card.
Not sure why the castle seems faded out in this version.  I think it's the lighting and my highlighting with inks. I used SU! very vanilla and also gold embossing powder.
Trying to give this a little bit of a mixed media feel.
Although these are mostly Downton Abbey stamps that I purchased separately at HSN to go with the dies and the embossing folders, I did add some SU! punches, thinlits and stamps.  I also used SU! card stock because it's fabulous.
The embossing folder used on the inside above is an Anna Griffin embossing folder that coordinated well with the Downton Abbey crafting projects.
This is my homemade envelope using my all time favorite SU! alphabet - BIG DEAL - which is unfortunately retired.  I think I told you I purchased a back up set that year it retired.

This is a gift card envelope that I created to go inside the card.  Later in the week I will show you what I made for Rita.  I made a similar one for Hsiao hui.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RITA!

No comments:

Post a Comment