Tuesday, March 29, 2016

CHECK THIS OUT FROM SU! - BIRTHDAY BLOOMS MEMORY BOOK

 This was on the SU! Blog and is an Artisan Design. This is such a cool book made with OCCASIONS Birthday suite dsp and stamps and embellishments.

Birthday Blooms Memory Book

I’m always looking for cute projects ideas—especially projects that hold memories or highlight fabulous things in our lives. So I was very happy to receive a wonderful bookbinding tool for Christmas. I’ve wanted to add one to my tool collection for quite some time because I’ve seen so many adorable projects made with them. And it helped me come up with a great memory book keepsake of my own!

I used our fabulous line of Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper (item 140557) for this memory book, along with Pool Party 3/8" Glitter Ribbon (item 140561) and Watermelon Wonder 1" Stitched Satin Ribbon (item 140580). I really enjoy the color concept for this project, and included some bright additions to the spring colors.
I used our Vanilla Coaster Board (item 129392) to create a hard cover; then, for texture, I adhered Designer Series Paper to both sides using Fast Fuse Adhesive (item 129026). To create my flower, I stamped the large flower image from the Birthday Blooms Stamp Set in VersaMark ink on Shimmery White 8–1/2" x 11" Cardstock (item 101910); then I heat embossed the image using White Stampin’ Emboss Powder (item 109132). Finally, I painted the flower using Aqua Painters (item 103954) to create a soft look.

On every other page, I included an envelope. (Tip: Cut off the envelope flap so you can slide in a card displaying a photo or special keepsake.)




I picked a cute saying from the This Is the Life Stamp Set (item 138736) and embossed some of the cards using our Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (item 139672). I am such a huge fan of this embossing folder! It can be used on almost anything and is so versatile!

I hope you enjoyed my project today—and that I was able to inspire you to make a memorable project of your own to keep your special items or photos in!
Joyce Fowler Artisan Design Team 2015–2016

No comments:

Post a Comment