Saturday, July 20, 2013

WOW! SU! VINTAGE CARD

I'm swapping again today at SU!'s 25th Anniversary Convention.  I am in a "WOW" Vintage Card Swap.  I cased this card somewhat from Connie Stewart and her flash card technique.  I tried out the new Crisp Cantaloupe card stock and complimented it with Soft Suede and Baked Brown Sugar.  I distressed all of the pieces with early espresso ink by SU! and also put the base card stock through the Big Shot with the Lattice Embossing Folder.  The image is stamped on ivory card stock that I spritzed with shimmer paint, soft suede reinker and crisp cantaloupe reinker sprays that I made up with isopropyl alcohol.  This really gives a nice effect.  The stamps are punched out with coordinating SU! punches.  I also used the BRAND NEW stretch ruffle trim in Baked Brown Sugar and I made paper clay roses painted with the NEW Strawberry Slush ink and then crystallized with crystal effects by SU!  I really enjoyed making this swap and modifying Connie's card.
 
I made 26 of these cards and each one was just slightly different depending on how I distressed the card stock and depending on where the colors were sprayed.  Here's a sample of a few of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment