Monday, April 4, 2016

BIRTHDAY CARDS I RECEIVED THAT I HAVEN'T POSTED YET

I have to say, I received some amazing birthday cards and wishes.  I'm so glad there's a movement to bring back birthday cards. FB and social media have decreased the need for some to send birthday cards.  Although, I have to say I received almost 200 birthday messages on FB.  Old fashioned cards were going out of style in some ways. The #imbringingbackbirthdays movement is really cool because it's really neat to be remembered on your special day with a card. 

This year, the month got away from me with Easter so close to my birthday that I didn't do my usual 2 weeks of celebrating before and 2 weeks of celebrating after.  I did get some cool offers in the mail like a Birthday dinner and lots of free desserts and other specials from restaurants including my any drink I want from Starbucks. But...it's the cards that made it special because they started flowing in the week before and lasted at least until now.  But my day is not over.  I'm also hoping to celebrate more with some friends in the next week or so, so in a way...there will be some more celebrating. 

Here are some more of the lovely cards I received.
The piecing together of the heart thinlet from SU! in the above card by Arleen was really cool and clever.  I love this idea and have to try it, but it looks a bit intidmidating. Arleen made the tag below and if you click on it you will see it up closer and you will see that she colored it with SU! inks, blender pen and added wink of stella glitter pen.
This card is really neat. It's handmade from my small group at church.  I'm in a phenomenal group of 8 women who are some of the most incredible women I have ever met.  We meet weekly to share our lives spiritually, faithfully, honestly and we have a lot of fun, too. Best thing I did in the last 2 years was to join this group.  I'm going to put this card in with my Bible.  Look at the poetry they wrote me.

This card above is from Debbie P. Can't believe I can remember who gave these cards.  I think I didn't list the senders in the previous emails. 
Great card from my sister in law and brother in law above. 
The card above looks just like my puppy doggie Luigi.  What a sweet innocent face. Perfect card! It's from Terri and Michelle.

Debbie K. made the card above using SU! Tin of Cards. I just love that set.  She got pretty creative with that.  The card below is from Rosemary M.  Very nice coloring.
I have the above birds stamp set from Tim Holtz since September and haven't used it.  My friend Sandi purchased the same set and watercolored the card above.  I'm glad because at least I have my second project with this set in possession. Hopefully, this will motivate me to make some cards with these cool birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment