Friday, September 19, 2014

I LIKE YOU - I REALLY DO! NEW HOSTESS SET FEATURED TODAY ON MY BLOG

The card below is a "Z FOLD" card.  It's made from the same A2 size card where the card stock is cut 4.25 x 5.5 inches and then folded in half.  The front of the card is folded backwards in half and then the extra sheet of card stock (in this case the green and the stamped image) are placed over the fold.  When you look before, you see the card opens in a "z" design.
I used marina mist card stock that I embossed with an embossing folder and the SU! BIG SHOT and then swiped the edges with whisper white SU! craft ink to highlight them.  I love this technique for highlighting, and it's especially cool for cards for Autumn - which is around the corner - and also for Winter, which we should all be getting a jump on!
The above image highlights a little bit better the "Z" type fold.  The stamp set I used on the front of the card is a SU! EXCLUSIVE HOSTESS SET (you can earn this set for FREE with HOSTESS DOLLARS from a minimum hostess order - contact me to hostess today!).  This Hostess set is called I LIKE YOU.  The flowers were stamped with NEW SU! MEMENTO BLACK INK and colored in with the NEW SU! BLENDABILITIES markers.  This stamp set is considered a "line art" set so it really lends itself to coloring in - and what better for me to use but the BLENDABILITIES (SU! alcohol based markers). Of course I had to add dazzling diamonds glitter and CRYSTAL EFFECTS. The butterfly is punched from SU! card stock, embossed, inked and then highlighted.

I Like You Clear-Mount Stamp Set 133958
Price: $10.00 toward Hostess Benefits with SU! Hostess Order
These line-art floral bunches are a great way to get started blending! The clear mount set includes four mini bunches of flowers and two greetings to choose from.

Set quantity: 6

The envelope uses some NON SU! stamps I happen to have in my stash and I stamped them with the NEW IN COLORS BY SU! - LOST LAGOON and TANGELO TWIST.

This card was created and sent to a dear friend who recently had major surgery. She has already received the card and loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment