Wednesday, February 26, 2014

USING OVERLAYS ON YOUR PICTURES AND POCKET PAGES

FROM THE SU! MDS BLOG:

Using Overlays on Your Pictures and Pocket Card Pages

I LOVE digital scrapbooking, but my true love will always be with paper. That’s why I love hybrid scrapbooking—it allows you to combine the two! The last few years I’ve been doing my scrapbooks with pocket pages because I love the simplicity of just printing a photo and sliding it in a pocket. But sometimes I want to kick my photos up a notch and that’s where My Digital Studio comes in to make it easy!
This first photo of my niece, Jocelyn is one of my favorites, but I wanted to add an overlay to it and make it a little more fun, like she is!
I created a project with a custom size of 4' x 6' (the size I planned to print my photo) and imported my photo. I used the distressed dots stamp in white and set the opacity pretty low. I used two of the same stamps, one on each side of her so that the polka dots wouldn’t cover her face. I also tilted them a little so they would outline her better. Then I filled a banner punch with some Silver Glimmer Paper and placed a stamp over it. I used a little mis-stitched stitching at the top of the banner and then sent it to my photo printer.
This year I’m doing a weekly pocket page album for each of my girls so they can remember what they did each week in 2014. I set up my custom size and then imported my photo. I did a global search in my MDS for “Tuesday,” “January,” and “seven” to set up the date and used the “This is the Good Stuff” stamp to cover up my knee that was sticking out in the corner of the photo.
On this page I wanted the photos to span both 4" x 6" pockets so I designed them on a 12" x 12" page in MDS. For the overlays in MDS I used the bracket stamp and the sentiments. All of the little sequins, rhinestones, etc. were added after I printed the page through the My Digital Studio print services. Then, I cut out the 4" strips with a width of 12" on each. I trimmed them in half at the 6" mark which made them the perfect size for my pocket pages.
This is what the page looked like when I created it in MDS.
I hope this inspires you to get creative with your photos!

-Holly VanDyne, My Digital Studio Design Team

Rise & Shine Pocket Cards
(item 134841)
(NA, EU, SP)

This Makes Me Happy Pocket Cards
(item 134699)
(NA, EU, SP)

Life Is All Around Calendar Template
(item 137026)
(NA, EU, SP)

Distressed Dots Stamp Brush
(item 127602)
(NA, EU, SP)

Staple & Stitching
(item 118865)
(NA, EU, SP)

Mis-Stitched
(item 130063)
(NA, EU, SP)

No comments:

Post a Comment