Wednesday, February 19, 2014

K CUP HOLDER AND COORDINATING CANDY BAR WRAPPER WITH CANDY FOR LISA

One of my dearest friends - Lisa C - had a birthday in January.  I wanted to give her something for her birthday that was handcrafted other than just the card and gift.  I found a pattern for a kcup holder (I've been wanting to make these for awhile) and I covered a GODIVA DARK CHOCOLATE CANDY BAR for her with coordinating dsp and card stock, adding a few embellishments.  All supplies are SU! except the DSP which I purchased in a 12 by 12 pack at one of the local craft stores.  Lisa likes paisley and also anything that reminds her of her husband's family's cultural Indian background.  This paper is so gorgeous up close and was perfect for Lisa.

I wish I could remember which blog site I cased the K cup holder from.  I would suggest just doing a google or pinterest search to find one.  There are many out there and it was really easy.  I used my SU! SCORING BOARD, BIG SHOT by SU! and SU! punches.
 
I am showing front, side and top views so you can see how nicely these coordinate with the dsp.  The K cups are Emeril's BIG BOLD EASY which I love and Lisa does too.  I have a subscription for my k cups so they are less expensive and this brand is always on my order.
The xoxo is from the thinlet die and so too is the heart and the scallop circle.  The dsp was embossed as well and really added to the overall elegance.
The candy is GODIVA dark chocolate. So it's delicious and good for you also!  Love GODIVA.  It's worth the price!
I put both of these handcrafted goodies in a SU! baggie that I purchased.  I love these bags.  They are frosted so you get a little idea of what is inside.  They also have wire along the top so you can fold the bag over and then keep it closed.  The ribbon went along with the color scheme.  I purchased that at the craft store also as I wanted really large ribbon and I love the glitter that went with it. The photo makes it look green tinged, but that was the lighting effect when I took the photo and I didn't realize it until after I had given the gift so I couldn't re-photograph.
This is the other part of Lisa's gift and the main part. I got her a GELATO's kit.  These are the new "in thing" for crafting.  I'll try to share what Lisa made with them in a future post, either tomorrow or later this week.  They are really fun to use.

1 comment:

  1. I loved it all!!! I've already used the K-cups and ate the chocolate. Maria really takes care of her friends! Love ya girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete