Wednesday, April 25, 2012

MIXED BUNCH MEETS BLOSSOM BUILDERS

I was really fortunate to be able to attend SU! LEADERSHIP in San Antonio, Texas this past January.  During that month, SU! kicked off the BRAND NEW SU! OCCASIONS mini catalog and one of the featured stamp sets was MIXED BUNCH.  In fact, as part of the attendance package, each participant received the MIXED BUNCH stamp set for FREE and we used it in our MAKE AND TAKES.  The second card was one of our projects and the first one is the one I somewhat CASED.  I really love this stamp set and I love the coordinating punch which punches the beautiful blossoms.  Such a great set and stamp for springtime.

The yellow striped flower is a punch out die cut from the BLOSSOM BUILDERS which are also in the MINI OCCASIONS catalog.  These go so well with this stamp set, but more than that...I love how easy they are to use and they just make such a nice embellishment on a card.  We then added the daffodil delight button which coordinates so well on this card.  White twine from SU! is tied onto the button.

Here is the card I CASED.  Instead of daffodil delight card-stock, I used rich razzleberry.  I stamped the card very similar and I also used a BLOSSOM BUILDER and a coordinating button and twine.  As an addition, I sprayed some gold shimmering smooch spritz over some of the card-stock and punched blossom.  I love that!
This card also is embossed (base card-stock) with the BIG SHOT by SU! and my sentiment is KINDNESS MATTERS, from the stamp set of the same name.

I'm going to mail this card to my friend Denise Ehrich who coordinated our recent high school reunion.  I want to let her know that I really appreciate all of the hard work that she and the others
did to make our reunion and mass in honor of Whitney Houston (our classmate) and Judith Holler (another classmate) so special.  We had a fabulous luncheon I attended and some other great events.  They put a lot of effort into the events and it really showed.  

In the meantime, I also want to remind everyone that the OCCASIONS MINI CATALOG BY SU! retires April 30th.  That's only a few short days away.  MIXED BUNCH may or may not continue into the main idea book for 2012-13, as is the case with the BLOSSOM BUILDERS. I think the BLOSSOM BUILDERS are such a great investment and a great price that it's worth getting  a pack or two of these.  The buttons are a great addition, and twine on cards and scrapbook projects is really HOT right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment