Tuesday, February 21, 2012

CONSIDER YOURSELF HUGGED - and PAT'S BIRTHDAY CARD

A dear friend of mine has been having a bit of a ruff (I mean rough!) time this past week and I wanted to send her a card to let her know that she is loved and cared about and hugged!  I got this stamp a few years ago at a local stamp show.  I put it on my stamp shelf since it wasn't a SU! stamp and left it there to admire.  However, this past weekend, it was time to dust it off the shelf and put it to good use.  I stamped the image with basic black ink and then colored it in.  The sentiment goes along with the image and I decided to stamp that and add it as an embellishment to the card.


The card stock I used was actually some really good white card stock that came with some printing I had done professionally with SU!  It was really heavy and took the coloring I added, really well.  I also used soft suede and real red from SU! as well.  The dsp is from a pack that I bought last year or the year before around valentine's day.  It goes really well with this card and I made it a little more interesting by embossing it with the SU! dots embossing folder. 

Here's another card using the same dsp.  A good friend of mine - Pat Nuckels - had a birthday last month and I never posted the card I made for her.


The Birthday Wishes sentiment is from SU! and embossed with SU! cherry cobbler embossing powder.  The hearts were die cut and embossed with the BRAND NEW SU! FASHIONABLE HEARTS embosslit in the new SU! OCCASIONS mini catalog.  Hope your birthday was great Pat!

No comments:

Post a Comment