Wednesday, February 22, 2012

ARRAY OF SUNSHINE

Tomorrow is my mother's birthday.  I sent her a few cards and this is another one.  We actually made this card as one of our make and takes at Hsiao-hui's home earlier in the month for Chinese New Year saleabration.  I wanted to show how wonderful the SU! HOSTESS SET ARRAY OF SUNSHINE is.  It's really easy to stamp the flowers.  You can stamp them directly onto card stock and you can even cut them out and layer them.  Here I just stamped the main flower with calypso coral ink directly to whisper white card stock.  I love stamping directly onto this card stock.  It is so smooth and takes the ink incredibly well.  Try stamping on other papers and you will definitely notice a difference.  SU! ultrasmooth whisper white is the best paper to stamp on in my book!


The flower was stamped first and then masked so that the leaves could be stamped and have it look like the flower is in the forefront.  You can do this by taking a post it note and stamping the flower image onto it.  Cut the flower out and adhere it to the stamped flower on the white u/s card stock, then stamp the leaves. Pretty cool, I'd say!  I did the envelope the same way.  The white card stock was embossed using the FRAMED TULIPS embossing folder by SU! for the BIG SHOT.  I love that little extra detail on these cards.
You can click on this photo or the one above to see the embossing in even more detail.  The other thing I did was to add SU! dazzling diamonds glitter to the flower.  It really sparkles.  The sentiment is stamped with basic black SU! classic permanent ink.  The Celebrate Today comes from a great new set called PERFECTLY PENNED.  It is actually new to the 2011-12 idea book by SU! so some of you may have seen it used before.  Believe it or not, I waited until now to get this set.  What was I thinking?  It is classic and I could have been using it for months.

Here's another photo.  This one shows the envelope by itself.  The Happiest Birthday is from the new Occasions mini catalog stamp set Apothecary Art.


No comments:

Post a Comment