Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A KIND WORD

Here is another card from class this past Friday. I wanted to use this set for a long time and pulled it out for class. It is called a kind word and is one of those sets that you stamp and looks better if you color it in with watercolors or markers. Of course, I always add crystal effects to make the card even nicer. The image is stamped on watercolor paper and then water-colored using my SU! aqua painters and watercolor crayons. I used the Sahara sand color to shadow underneath the girl on the swing. Crystal effects is used in a few places to accent the card. The ribbon was actually white taffeta and was a happy accident to get the light pink like color. We do make a pretty in pink taffeta but it is a little darker. What I did originally was try to die the ribbon orange using dusty durango reinkers. I put the ribbon in the reinker that had water added to it. When I removed the ribbon, the resulting color was this lighter color which was more of a light pink. I thought it looked perfect on this card and it only took a few minutes to do. In fact there were 10 people at the class so I dyed all 10 ribbons at the same time and then they dried in about 5 minutes each.
The card stock base is pretty in pink ( a non-retiring color) and then regal rose (also not retiring) backs the water colored image. Inside the card I used whisper white ultra smooth and stamped the hat with the kitties inside. I also used the Many Thanks stamp set (also not retiring) on the inside and strategically stamped it inside an image from the retiring Gallery Stamp set! Of course, I even used crystal effects on the outside. The card stock base and the regal rose accent color were run through my Big Shot using the SU! exclusive Pretty Petals embossing folder. The clear button on the outside of the card is backed with some apricot card stock. These buttons are really great and unfortunately, are also on the retiring list.

No comments:

Post a Comment