Monday, February 15, 2016

VALENTINE'S DAY CARDS AND TREATS

I didn't get a chance to post my Valentine's yet so I'm posting today.  Valentine's day was sweet this year. I spent time with my guys and also with my girlfriends.    I made my small group from church and the friends I saw yesterday these little mini treat bags.  I die cut the intricate hearts and made the treat bags from SU! paper that I had purchased about a decade ago. The paper was the perfect pattern.  I made about 15 of these treat bags and placed Ghiardelli chocolates and Hershey kisses inside.

The photo only shows about 1/2 of the bags.  On the other 1/2 I found pink taffeta ribbon and put that on each mini treat bag.  I added punched blossoms from pink SU! glimmer paper (SU! OCCASIONS CATALOG MUST HAVE!) to the die cut hearts.
This card also uses the heart thinlit die. I made this one from gold glimmer paper and also die cut the hearts on the corner from that glimmer paper as well. This was the card I gave my husband.  I also used some Anna Griffin pieces and the border is from a Martha Stewart border punch I had in my craft stash.
I made the above Valentine for my son.  I stamped the HARDWOOD stamp in chocolate chip on soft suede card stock.  I love that background stamp.  Then the little guy is from a retired SU! set that has the most adorable little creatures.  The "for you" is a SU! thinlit.  I shadowed it by die cutting it twice, once from real red card stock and once from chocolate chip. My son is not a big candy lover but he does like Kit Kats and I founds special Valentine ones at the drug store.
 My friend Patty has an actual birthday on Valentine's Day.  I made this pop up Valentine birthday card for her.  I cased it from my friend Rita who gave one almost exactly like this to me either last year or the year before.  Patty loved this card. The envelope is a petal fold envelope that is about 6 by 6 and another part of my stash.
 When this card is open you can get it to stand up in triplicate.  It's a really cool fun fold.
 Lots of love goes into a card like this and it's definitely one of those cards you like to save.


This is the card when it's collapsed.  It has a 3D Blossom created from the SU! die so it can only be mailed if it's placed in a box.  My friends Mary Jo and Cindy and I took Patty out for lunch so I was able to give her this card in person.  Click on any of the above photos to see more detail.

I have so many other Valentine's that I created but this is good to show for this year.  Hope your day/weekend was lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment