Monday, December 12, 2011

DEMONSTRATOR GIFT EXCHANGE

This is the gift that I made for our SU! demonstrator gift exchange.  It is cased from a fellow REMARKABLE stamper - Karen Altizer.   I modified it a little, with some of my squares just a little different, but in essence the same.  In an earlier post I told how Cathy Weir had me for the exchange; well, oddly enough, I had Cathy.  We were the only 2 to be matched up this way.  Cathy is a dear sweet friend whom I really treasure.  She has stood by me through thick and thin. I wanted to make her something special that she could put up every holiday.  When I saw this project on the SU! REMARKABLE Yahoo site, I knew immediately that I had to make it. I actually CASED this and modified it a little.  This project uses lots of red and silver glimmer paper and the new winter wishes stitched felt.
I used my Big Shot quite a big to die cut the letters and the tree and the ornament.  Notice that I did some embossing also.  And here is the stitched felt sampling I used.




Exclusive designs and custom coloring make these fun and cozy felt accents perfect adornments for your holiday greeting cards or gifts. Unique designs make it easy to meet any holiday need. 16 pieces total: 4 each of 4 designs.

Here is a photo of my packaging.  I used some of my striped wide grosgrain which is on sale on the clearance rack in my online store.  
 I made my tag with My Digital Studio and punched it out with the label punch by SU!

Here I am presenting the gift to Cathy.  It really was a cool project to make.

And finally one more view of this stunning project.

Thanks Karen for the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment